2022 Wild House Chardonnay

£9.95

Maintaining the signature Wild House style, the Chardonnay is crafted with "lazy winemaking" per JD's preference.

The grapes are sourced from a single vineyard in Paarl and undergo gentle crushing and natural fermentation, without any additives. 80% is matured in tanks while the remaining 20% is aged in older French oak barrels. Partial malolactic fermentation is allowed, followed by 9 months of aging on fine lees. This process excludes fining and uses coarse filtration for a pure and authentic final product.

Tasting Note: An aromatic nose with vibrant hints of citrus and stonefruit, complemented by delicate oak undertones. The palate is rich and textured, with the sharp fruitiness expertly balanced by crisp acidity and subtle hints of toasty wood from extended lees aging and a touch of oak influence.

Origin: Western Cape, South Africa

Blend: Chardonnay

4 in stock
75cl
Reviews
Goes well with

Highly versatile, a variety of fish, vegetable and white meat dishes.

Shipping

We're passionate about making sure your wine arrives on time and in pristine condition. We aim to deliver all orders within 3 working days between the hours of 10am and 4pm unless specified otherwise. Please say if you require next day delivery (only available on orders placed before 2pm) and this can be arranged at an additional cost. Saturday deliveries can also be arranged at an additional charge but you must specify in your order notes. 

Delivery costs

Order value less than £120.00 = £9.95 delivery charge

Order value over £120.00 = Free delivery

For more information, please see our shipping policy.

Wild House

Wild House is a lifestyle range which reflects a place of raw energy, a weather-beaten hut exposed to the storm-swept slopes of the Cape's mountains.

Wild House wines are certified as part of South Africa’s sustainability accreditation, the ‘Integrated Production of Wine’ (IPW) system. The IPW scheme, started in 1998, consists of a set of audited guidelines specifying agricultural practices, manufacturing practices and bottling activities.

Why choose Caviste

Quick delivery

No need to wait around!

Independent Range

An exciting range, chosen by us

Wine People at Heart

We love what we do!

Join our mailing list to receive 10% Off your first order (T's & c's apply)

×

STAY UP TO DATE

Submit your email to get updates on products and special promotions.